Friday 1 February 2013

A Little Self-Control Never Hurt Anyone

It's not often that I consider myself over-indulgent but today, having flexed a little willpower, I was ashamed to admit that I probably accommodate my flight of fancies far more than is really necessary.

Today I caved. Out of nowhere and on a complete whim I bought the Veera Valimaki Color Affection pattern from Ravelry. PayPal you sly old fox, a couple of clicks without making eye contact with my purse and the pattern pops into my library.

Well, I thought, I wonder what yarn others have use to create this beauty? Ooh Knit Picks! Click, click hello Great British Yarns! What wonderful shades of Palette you have!

Click, click, click...

Yes PayPal, let's do this! Oh, wait. I really need that fabric for my dressmaking course and that could really go towards that new years resolution and I really do have an awful lot of yarn at home all with projects in mind...

Hit X and it all disappeared!

Breathe.

You did the right thing, stash down is not boring, it's not restrictive (not in the quantities I have at least) and it certainly won't hurt your bank account.

How easy it is to want, to 'need' and to overlook those things you're already blessed with.

Today I am thankful for my unexpected willpower, my wonderfully large stash and my ever-growing Ravelry queue.

I'm off to use up what I have, you'll find me under a pile of yarn grinning like a Cheshire cat :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment