Monday 18 June 2012

A Lovely Little Day

Well, today was my 27th birthday.

Normally I'm not too big on birthdays but this one was truly lovely. For the first time in a long time I woke up excited and happy to be claiming the day as my own.

And my excitement was rewarded.

Two colleagues baked for me.

One even making the extra effort to come in on her day off to deliver them. How wonderful is that. I had no idea that either of them were planning to cook and the thought of them both putting aside the time to find a recipe, buy the ingredients and mess up their kitchens for me blew me away.

I've received texts, emails, flowers and cards from friends and family near and far. As well as store-bought and homemade gifts, which were in turn cute, useful, fun and yummy smelling!

I also ate a delicious three-course meal with my other half followed by a short walk along a river where we saw cygnets and baby ducks.

It was perfect.

Today I felt loved, cared for and thought of.

And that's an amazing feeling.

Thanks everyone, I'll be here same time, same place next year xxx

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had such a lovely day my friend. Knitty shopping on Saturday should just about top it all off! xx

    ReplyDelete