Monday 30 May 2011

Bank Holiday Challenge - Accepted!

Well, firstly, I hope you all had a lovely long weekend. 
The weather was actually better than forecast which was a lovely surprise but as I sat waiting for my cats to come home this evening the rain fell so I am now suitably holed up with the latest edition of Cross Stitcher magazine and a Pimms... 
Well, we should raise a glass to Mr Blue Skies for putting in an appearance. 
Be rude not to ;0)

So, on to my little Bank Holiday Challenge.

Well, Saturday was fine and dandy but I have to say yesterday, in spite of the fact that National Pyjama Day was declared in our household, I felt very discontented as I crept up the stairs to bed. 
I really don't feel like I've accomplished very much at all and my infernal skirt is starting to cause a bit of a headache. 
But I'll fix it. Properly. 
No more botched jobs that lead me to snap in frustration at my poor, undeserving other half!!!

Here are the finishes I did manage:
Egg Cosy

Knitting Needle Case

Hat
Actually, the hat's a bit of a cheat because I'd already finished that early last week and just forgotten to take a pic but I love it so much that I'm adding it anyway!

The knitting needle case is kind of an ongoing project as I'll customise it as and when I buy new needle sizes rather than pre-empting widths needed now and have everything falling out of place.

Just one thing to add about my knitting needle case... That fabric cost 10p!!! 
And it's Laura Ashley!!
Gotta love a boot sale! 
Couldn't believe it when I saw the price but immediately knew what I was going to do with it. 
It may not match all my Cath Kidston stitchy paraphernalia but it's mine, stitched by hand and made with love :0)

The egg cosy was just something silly are started at my Knit and Natter group the other night in lieu of payday and a bigger project I have in mind. 
I got the pattern at the Innocent Smoothies Fete a few years ago when they were campaigning for knitters to make hats for their bottled drinks. I couldn't knit back then but had to buy the cute little bag of wool and needles. And at £1.50 I didn't complain.
Maybe this bog should be called Thrifty Stitches!!!
And, hey, hoarders are right. These things do come in!
This was also the first time I'd made a pompom so I was doubly smug with myself!

And so to my ongoing projects:

Heart Cross Stitch 
Patchwork Bag
Well, it's certainly patchy isn't it?!?!?!?

And so to my season of discontent.
Along with these sorry sights you may picture for yourself the blanket square, Cath Kidston purse and gifts for loved ones. And that wretched skirt.

Alas! There's little time left to this the long weekend so I'm going to admit defeat, acknowledge that sometimes these things take longer than you think and relax and read my mag with my beautiful tabby in my lap as the rain continues to fall and help along all the good work my other half did in the garden today.

Hope you had a good 'un!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment