Saturday 24 August 2013

And breathe

Today I can be found curled up in a comfy bed with a couple of guilty pleasures; a Nicholas Sparks book and a sock to knit on.

We've run away to a bed and breakfast on the east coast for a couple of days to leave everything behind while we catch up with ourselves. And as today is drizzly and wet we have hidden ourselves away in our spacious room to start the long weekend in bed, reading until our eyes are so tired and heavy that the only option is to nap until date night rolls around.

I am so grateful for this. This little piece of calm is overdue after the stresses and strains of the last couple of weeks.

My head is weary and worn down by the usual worries and I need this time away to regroup, be mindful and relax.

I do hope that the weather cheers up but, for now at least, this is just perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment