Saturday 9 June 2012

Postcard From Wet & Windy England

Well it's been a little while now since i last wrote to you and oh my do I have some things to share!

We took this last week off of work and I really think I've been at my most productive ever! As well as seeing friends and family I have managed to make a shawl, facecloth and iPad cover. It turns out this drab weather isn't all bad, I'm happy to be at home with my projects and a nice warm mug of tea :-)

I still have two WIPs on the go and I have to admit to not getting a lot done. I've grown my Tempting jumper by a couple of inches but still not to the point of casting onto waste yarn for the sleeves. It is so dull. Knitting 13 inches of 2x2 rib has to be as soul-destroying as a project gets but as I cast this on over a year ago when I had never made a jumper I have to be patient and understand that almost a different knitter chose this pattern and as the arms have me puzzled I look ahead to the challenge and try to lose myself in the monotony of the now.

My other WIP is another jumper, this time it's Whoopee by Louisa Harding. I really haven't knit a single stitch on this during my time off but want this and the other jumper finished by Ravelympics.

That's right, I am taking part and taking on the almighty hand-knitted socks of hell!!! This will be my third time casting on and I am determined to make this work. I'm pleased to say that my previous attempts taught me valuable lessons which I hope will allow me to knit until I cast off this time. My mantra will surely be "I will not frog, I will not frog"!

Anyway, enough waffle. Here's what I've managed to do since I last posted including a couple of purchases and a little reed diffuser side project :-)

Until next time

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment