Monday 6 May 2013

I Mean Really, How Thin?

I think about this space so much but more and more I find it difficult to make the time to talk on here, to report on all of the goings on and to catch up with everything.

Right now though I am worn down, I've fought sniffles for a few days and have finally caved, bathed and am snuggled in bed with my boy, the fur babies and a mint hot chocolate.

So how have you all been?

I'm so sorry that I neglect this space. I've been studying an awful lot more than I usually would this year and the learning curve is much bigger than I'd anticipated.

A couple of months ago my ten week garment making course came to an end and I am sad to tell you that I have come away garmentless. I've tried to make a dress and a beautiful cotton top but nothing fits right and I'm pretty sure I'm not so horrendously bad at this that the blame lies totally at my feet. The patterns are by the same company and I've begun to doubt their integrity (clue the first: to make said top you will require three pattern pieces... Noooooo that'll be FOUR pattern pieces unless I want a horrifying missing yoke moment :-0).

In happier sewing news, I have made the most incredible knitting bag. In design people, I'm not passing comment on my own abilities! It the Amanda's Knitting Bag and the pattern was fantastic and the whole design is just awesome. Currently I have a 400g ball of Aran in there! How many knitting bags do you know that'll hold 400g!!! And there are pockets for EVERYTHING. Seriously, you should all go and check it out. If you're not handy with a sewing machine sweet talk a friend into making it for you because I have yet to find a store bought knitting bag that I've wanted this badly.

As always I am knitting every single day at every possible moment. Right now I have the Haruni shawl by Emily Ross on the go using Regia Hand Dye Effect yarn. I only have ten rows left and it's knitting up beautifully. It's a really well written pattern and an absolute steal (Ravelry freebie alert!).

I also have a baby blanket, Aidez by Cirilia Rose, Sylvi by Mari Muinonen and Leyburn Socks by MintyFresh on the needles... Not over-stretching myself at all!

And in sewing I have the dress and top to fix, a sewing machine cover to finish and a gift to make.

And I have so many more ideas for projects that I would LOVE to cast on!

For now though I think a work to zero is in order yet again and, while most of my deadlines are the end of May and my WIP list will soon be much smaller, a sterner approach to my startitis might need to be adopted too.

I mean really, how many thinly can one girl spread herself??

No comments:

Post a Comment