Sunday 8 July 2012

Weekend WIPs

And the rain, rain, rain came down, down, down and washed away poor Piglet...

Or poor me. The weather in the south east has been awful this weekend, we've had very small glimpses of sunshine which were immediately chased away by torrential downpours. So, needless to say, we've spent no time outside this weekend :-(

But the flip side of that is that I spent a lot of time indoors with my knitting watching the Stockinette Zombies video podcast.

I love podcasts, I listen to them everyday but I've never thought to watch one before a friend of mine recommended these two lovely ladies and now I can't stop... 14 episodes down and counting!

It was great to be able to work on my WIPs while watching someone else's projects grow and take shape and hear them speak honestly about their yarn choices and pattern changes.

I love it, I'm totally hooked. I found it really inspiring and sitting in front of the podcast seemed to push me to work harder on my own stuff than if I'd been watching something boring on telly.

So, without further ado, here are my weekend WIPs: Spectra and Hitchhiker.

I cast on Hitchhiker last week using the Patons Cotton Fushion in Cherry Mix, a birthday present from friends of mine. It's knitting into a gorgeous fabric, weighty but soft with a lovely texture to it. I'll include a close up so you can see for yourselves.

Anyway, I'm pleased with my progress. I might not have gotten out and about as much as I'd hoped to but you can't complain about a bit of "free" knitting time!

Hope you all had lovely weekends with a bit more sunshine than we had xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment