Wednesday 27 June 2012

WIP Wednesday

Happy Wednesday one and all!

How are your weeks going?

I continue to struggle with my dpns, huge rage ensued Monday night when I attempted in vain to cast on my Tempted sleeves only to purl three times in a row when it should've been 2x2 rib. Grrr!

I don't know what it is about working with five needles instead of two but I end up making mistakes I would never normally make and instead of knitting back a couple of stitches, which I am more than capable of doing, my frustration gets the better of me and I rip the whole thing out.

I don't know, my plans for this weekend have partially fallen through so I intend to find some very quiet, very chilled out time to myself to sit down, with no distractions, to get the first few rows knitted up and to hopefully allow myself the time to find my comfort zone.

In the meantime I have cast on the Madelinetosh Honey Cowl using Sirdar Click in shade 0128 and it is coming together beautifully! I really shouldn't have cast on another project but I was lucky enough to receive Knit Pro Symfonie needles for my birthday (my other half is a good man!) and couldn't wait to try them out. Which I guess brings me to my first product review...

Buy them!! They are truly wonderful. When I started knitting eighteen months ago I bought the cheapest yarn and the cheapest needles and I promise you, you will notice such a difference. They are so beautifully dyed, so so smooth and incredibly easy to work with not to mention the fact that the rosewood keeps your hands warmer than metal needles do which, if you're a person who feels the cold, like me, you'll appreciate.

Aaah, Symfonie needles. What a wonder you are!

Now if only my last birthday knitty order would show up...

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment